The Marlborough growing region is New Zealand’s premier wine producing area. It is known for its diverse terrain of rugged mountain ranges and vast stretches of flat valleys outlined by jagged hills.
The area is marked by plentiful bodies of water from streams and rivers to the famed Marlborough Sounds and captivating views of the South Pacific Ocean.
One of New Zealand’s sunniest and driest regions, Marlborough enjoys about 2,400 annual sunshine hours. With an average daytime temperature of 18°C and cool nights brought on by coastal winds, it offers idyllic conditions for growing world-class Sauvignon Blanc.
OUR SAUVIGNON BLANC IS CRAFTED FROM PREMIUM FRUIT GROWN IN THE AWATERE AND WAIRAU VALLEYS OF MARLBOROUGH, NEW ZEALAND.
Combining fruit from each of these regions adds an extra dimension to the wine; the Wairau Valley fruit lifting the aromatics, while the Awatere component adds an attractive mineral note.
Our vineyards are certified 100% sustainable.
– Sustainable Winegrowing –
Preserving our environment and the quality of the wine
Sustainable Winegrowing New Zealand (SWNZ) was established in 1997 to help the industry elevate their performance in environmental, social and economic sustainability issues. Today, the SWNZ sets standards for vineyards and wineries that help preserve the environment and increase the quality of our wines. The group also manages communications with the public on the evolution and impact of our industry.
We harvest fruit from both estate and grower vineyards located in Marlborough’s two marquee regions: the Awatere and Wairau Valleys.
All of our vineyards are sustainably farmed and Boatshed bay Winery is Sustainable Winegrowing New Zealand certified.
- All estate vineyards used in Boatshed Bay wines are certified by SWN
- All winemaking and bottling plants are accredited by SWNZ
- Soil and vine tests are conducted by an independent expert who makes recommendations based on soil type and grape variety
- Cover crops are planted to attract beneficial insects as well as to encourage nitrogen and other nutrients in the soil
- Moisture in the soil is measured to determine the least amount of water necessary to sustain healthy vines
- Irrigation audits are performed regularly
weed & disease
- The Boatshed Bay team is trained in pest and disease monitoring protocols
- Mowers dispense clippings under the vines to enhance organic matter in the soil